Thursday 3 February 2011

2010 summary

I return to write after a long break.
My personal 2010 ringing totals are pretty good with about 215 ringing days. About 90 days at my project in Tzor'a valley ringing station, 95 days at JBO and about 30 days in other ringing sites.
In total, I ringed more than 12,000 birds during 2010.

Hoopoe
Tzor'a valley ringing station totals included 5,086 birds ringed and 1,270 recaptured. The most ringed species were Chaffinch, Barn Swallow, Yellow Wagtail, Reed Warbler, Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Bluethroat, Blackcap, Spectacled Bulbul and Common Kingfisher (see graph). Rarities I caught at Tzor'a were 2 Citrine Wagtails, 1 Yellow-browed Warbler and 9 Common Rosefinches (!). I controlled only one foreign bird, this was a Lesser Whitethroat ringed in Nottinghamshire, England (3,736 km), recaptured on its northbound spring migration.


I hope to have even more success next year.

Kestrel